Seattle Tun - Pub Meet: Sunday, 08-10-08: 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm or later, The Pub @ Third Place, Ravenna, 6504 20th Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98115
Science Fiction News: Aug. 09, 2008
Below are just some of the headlines that have been posted recently. Use the link above to access all the details:
- io9: Getting Primeval on Your Television [Primeval] * Is The Phantom Really Sci-Fi? [The Phantom]
- Locus Online: Awards News: Hugo and Campbell Awards Winners
- Science Fiction Awards Watch: Hugo Results * Hugo Ceremony Coverage Hugo Liveblogging?
- SF Signal: SF Signal 3.0! * SF Tidbits for 8/10/08 * WINNERS: 2008 Hugo Award
- SFScope: 2008 Hugo Award Winners * Sidewise Award Winners
Just as above here are some of the headlines that have been posted recently. Use the link above to access all the details:
- Apex Book Company: FearZone interviews Fran Friel
- io9: Primeval Is Interactive SF. You Know, For Kids [Primeval]
- Science Fiction Awards Watch: Jay Lake Unveils Campbell Lapel Pin * Hugo Award Changes
- Science Fiction Buzz: New Battlestar Prequel Coming
- SciFi Scanner: Gadgets? Space Stations? How James Bond Flirts With Science Fiction
- SF Signal: Friday YouTube: A Cavalcade of Redshirt Fatalities * SF Tidbits for 8/8/08
- SFScope: The Deadbooks Project to be film/book/series/something on the web * NYRSF turns 20
You can access these recently updated blogs by clicking the link above.
Blogspot, Wordpress, and "other" blogs:
- a dark catharsys (Heather S. Ingemar) * Ask Nicola (Nicola Griffith) * Dusk Before the Dawn
- Fantasy Book Critic * J Alan Erwine's Blog * kelleyeskridge.com * Michael G. Munz
- Robert J Sawyer * The Crotchety Old Fan * "Whatever" (John Scalzi) * Witchy Chicks
- Cynthia Leitich Smith (CYNSATIONS) * Dark Horse Comics * David Thorpe
- Di Francis (MAD LIBS AGAIN) * Fantasy Book Critic * JAMES AND DADDY
- Louise Bohmer - Lachesis Publishing * Nicola Griffith * Paul Halpern * Paul S. Kemp
- Shroud Magazine * Spectra Pulse * Yasmine Galenorn (Life On The Fringe)
- Are We Alone - Next show available August 11, 2008 From Mars to Eternity
- MSNBC: Amateur astronomer spots gassy ‘cosmic ghost’: There have been quite a few articles about the recently discovered "cosmic ghost", and here is another one from MSNBC. Congrats to Hanny van Arkel, the Dutch amateur astronomer who discovered the object as part of the Galaxy Zoo Project. You have to love the nickname: "Hanny's Voorwerp"!
- Moses Lake doubles for the Moon: KOMONews.Com posted this article a while back about NASA conducting tests with prototype space suits and vehicles in Moses Lake WA. According to the article "The tests started in late May in the Moses Lake Sand Dunes, a 3,000-acre off-road vehicle park." The article is fairly detailed and has some great shots of the spaces suits and vehicles. One thing I didn't know about Moses Lake is that there is a closed B-52 base there that NASA has designated as an emergency landing site for the space shuttle. Hopefully NASA will come back for more tests, and if they do it might be worth a trip out to Moses Lake to maybe catch a glimpse of the new Lunar hardware.
- Wil, Artemis Eternal on Mahalo Computer, be healed!
- Welcome, Seth, to the club Galloping to the Galapagos
The Daily Galaxy:
- Is “Hyper-Speed” Evolution Possible? Recent Research Says "Yes" -A Galaxy Classic
- Will Space Technology Create Green Solutions for Earth?
- The Planet's Most Massively Awesome Computer to Go Live September 10th
- CERN's "LHC": Recreating the Beginning of Time * Is Mars Between Ice Ages?
- Will NASA Test a Plasma Drive on the ISS?
- SpaceURLs -Daily Flash (8/09) * GreenURLs -Daily Flash (8/09)
- Grab Your "Galaxy" Google Gadget! (8/09)