Here is an update to yesterday's post regarding the PKD Award:
The judges of the 2009 Philip K. Dick Award and the Philadelphia SF Society, along with the Philip K. Dick Trust, are pleased to announce seven nominated works that comprise the final ballot for the award:
- BITTER ANGELS by C. L. Anderson (Ballantine Books/Spectra)
- THE PRISONER by Carlos J. Cortes (Ballantine Books/Spectra)
- THE REPOSSESSION MAMBO by Eric Garcia (Harper)
- THE DEVIL’S ALPHABET by Daryl Gregory (Del Rey)
- CYBERABAD DAYS by Ian McDonald (Pyr)
- CENTURIES AGO AND VERY FAST by Rebecca Ore (Aqueduct Press)
- PROPHETS by S. Andrew Swann (DAW Books)
The Philip K. Dick Award is presented annually with the support of the Philip K. Dick Trust for distinguished science fiction published in paperback original form in the United States. The award is sponsored by the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society and the Philip K. Dick Trust and the award ceremony is sponsored by the NorthWest Science Fiction Society. Last year’s winners were EMISSARIES FROM THE DEAD by Adam-Troy Castro (Eos Books) and TERMINAL MIND by David Walton (Meadowhawk Press). The 2009 judges are Daniel Abraham (chair), Eileen Gunn, Karen Hellekson, Elaine Isaak, and Marc Laidlaw.
For more information, contact the award administration:
- David G. Hartwell (914) 769-5545.
- Gordon Van Gelder (201) 876-2551
- Contact Gary Feldbaum (215) 665-5752
For more information about Norwescon: http://www.norwescon.org/:
- Contact Northwest Science Fiction Society: (425) 686-9737