Posted on behalf of Jeanine Swanson - NWSFS Vice Chair:
NWSFS Election and Picnic Social
Saturday - June 18th, 2011
Please join us Saturday, June 18th, 2011, for the NWSFS Picnic Social at Woodland Park Shelter # 4. The social will begin at 1:00 P.M. and end at dusk, or thereabouts.
There will be a grill available. The club will provide burgers, hot dogs, condiments and buns. Please bring a contribution of munchies, salad, side dish or dessert that will complement the grilled main course. Bring your own beverages. To coordinate contributions you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please RSVP so we know how many burgers and dogs are needed. NWSFS members are encouraged to attend and non-members in the community are welcome, as always. We hope to see you there.
Election ballots will be accepted until 5 PM.
The shelter has a covered table that we use for serving. Grills and water are available under shelter. There are a couple uncovered tables near the shelter. Please be prepared for changeable weather. Experienced picnic attendees recommend that you bring a lawn chair, blanket, & sunscreen. Bathrooms are across the parking lot. The shelter is right next to the parking lot. No stairs are required. Some handicapped parking and plenty of general parking is available. There is a fenced off-leash dog area down the hill. There will likely be toys such as super-soakers™, frisbees™ and other non-pointy toys for the young & the silly!
* I-5 North & I-5 South, take the NE 50th St exit.
* Turn LEFT if from I-5 Northbound; turn RIGHT if from I-5 Southbound.
* Continue on NE 50th Westbound.
* Turn RIGHT at N 50th St and Stone Way N. Stone Way N will turn into Green Lake Way N when you make the turn.
* Move into the LEFT lane and continue on Green Lake Way N to W Green Lake Way N, which is at the Green Lake Pitch and Putt Golf Course.
* Turn LEFT onto W Green Lake Way N.
* Make the first LEFT into the parking lot, and then quickly turn RIGHT to go up the hill.
* Shelter No4 is immediately on the LEFT hand side of the road at the top of the hill.
* Look for the NWSFS signs.